We care for you with empathy and commitment and support you as well as your family with our extensive knowledge during pregnancy, birth and postpartum period.
years of experience
We see ourselves as companions who advise and support you through this intense and exciting time in your life. No question is too much for us and no emotion is too exhausting. We look forward to every interaction.
My name is Kim Runkel, I grew up in Germany near the Swiss border and am now living with my family in Ottikon b. Kemptthal. I love spending time with my family, travelling and exploring the world. In my free time I regularly sing and dance and also do yoga.
I have become self-employed because it is a matter close to my heart to accompany women and families holistically through what is probably the most exciting time in their lives. It is important to me that families have enough time to share the miracle and let it unfold together. My son was born in July 2018 and this experience has reaffirmed to me how important it is for midwife and mother to know and trust each other in order to facilitate a positive overall experience.
• 2016 – 2021 Member of the midwifery practice Rondo Pfäffikon ZH.
• Since 2016 Freelance midwife in the Zurich Oberland, home births, antenatal and postnatal care.
• 2013 – 2016 Midwife in the birth centre Zurich Oberland, Bäretswil
• 2012 – 2013 Midwife in a building department in a hospital in Switzerland
• 2011 Completion of Bachelor’s degree BSc in Midwifery in Christchurch, New Zealand.
• Homeopathy for pregnancy, birth and postpartum (2015).
• Traditional midwifery, B. Kosfeld (2016)
• Quality circles on various topics, B. Kosfeld (2017-2023)
• Regular further training Start4Neo and AED/BLS
My name is Maya von Bergen. I live in Uster and I am always kept on my toes by my two teenage boys. I love nature, doing sports and I have a great sense of humor. Besides German, I also speak fluent English.
It is important to me to support mothers with my knowledge in a trusting setting and to respond individually to their needs. Pregnancy, birth and postpartum are natural processes that should be disturbed as little as possible from the outside. I observe closely to recognize deviations and treat them as much as necessary but as little as possible. It is my aim to strengthen the mother’s confidence in the competence of her body.
• 2011 – 2019 Member of the midwifery practice Rondo Pfäffikon ZH, home birth support.
• 2013 Training as a breastfeeding and lactation consultant IBCLC
• Since 2009 Freelance midwife in the Zurich Oberland, pregnancy, postpartum, breastfeeding counselling, postpartum classes.
• 2003 – 2008 Building department in various hospitals
• 2002 Graduation as federally certified midwife at the midwifery school St. Gallen
• Traditional teaching of midwifery and childbirth B.Kosfeld.
• Antenatal care
• Postnatal gymnastics BeBo and Pilates
• Newborn resuscitation Start4Neo and BLS
• Breastfeeding and lactation
At the birth centre “Geburtshaus Zollikerberg” we fulfill your wish for a midwife-led, calm and natural birth. The same team of midwives accompanies you from start to finish.
time for you and your child
near a hospital
A birth centre is an out-of-hospital facility run by experienced midwives to care for women during pregnancy, birth, the postpartum and breastfeeding.
In a preliminary discussion with the midwife, we will evaluate whether a birth in a birth centre is an option for you.
During the birth, you will be accompanied by your midwife team and receive intensive personal care. With little medical or technical effort, we enable you to experience a self-determined, natural birth. In addition to relaxation and breathing exercises, we use various complementary medical methods and take care of your well-being. The rooms in the Geburtshaus Zollikerberg are bright and friendly, so that you feel comfortable and secure. They are equipped with various aids such as birthing stools, exercise balls, towels and a wooden birthing bathtub. The family rooms are large and comfortably furnished so that you can move around freely.
The midwives’ competence includes guiding the physiological birth and recognising deviations. However, should you or your child need further support, it is possible to get medical help quickly and safely from the Zollikerberg hospital next door or to transfer you there.
Childbirth at the birth centre is covered by your health insurance. The flat rate of CHF 800 must be paid by the mother herself.
Tours will be possible as of 1 September 2023.
for a pre-consultation.